Join the 400+ programs taking part in Reach, US Sailing’s STEM Education Initiative. In 2012, US Sailing launched “Reach” a national education initiative to inspire sailing programs and school to utilize sailing as an educational platform. Reach exposes youth sailors, arguably our most vested future highly skilled workers and environmentalists, to STEM and environmental education. In addition, 90% of students participating in Reach are first time sailor, creating an on-ramp to the sport for youth of all backgrounds.
1.Register for the STEM Educator Course. – Find a Reach course near you!
3. Host a STEM Educator Course for sailing instructors and teachers.
4. Already implementing Reach? Pilot one of the 8 new Reach Modules
What does the Reach Initiative look like at my school or sailing program?
1. See Reach in action at Community Boating Center and New England Science and Sailing.
2. Host a Reach Event – Sailing through STEM Night at your program!
4. Hear it from those who have implemented Reach through our blogs.
Where can you find Reach?
Implementing Reach and don’t see your program? Register your organization!