Join the 400+ programs taking part in Reach, US Sailing’s STEM Education Initiative. In 2012, US Sailing launched “Reach” a national education initiative to inspire sailing programs and school to utilize sailing as an educational platform. Reach exposes youth sailors, arguably our most vested future highly skilled workers and environmentalists, to STEM and environmental education. In addition, 90% of students participating in Reach are first time sailor, creating an on-ramp to the sport for youth of all backgrounds.
The US Sailing Reach Initiative had a unique opportunity to participate in activities hosted by the 2017 America’s Cup Endeavour Education Station, presented by Orbis, during the 35th America’s Cup. US Sailing’s Reach Initiative is an official “Educational Partner” of the America’s Cup Endeavour Program.
How can you participate in the Reach Initiative?
1.Register for the STEM Educator Course. – Find a Reach course near you!
3. Host a STEM Educator Course for sailing instructors and teachers.
4. Already implementing Reach? Pilot one of the 8 new Reach Modules
What does the Reach Initiative look like at my school or sailing program?
1. See Reach in action at Community Boating Center and New England Science and Sailing.
2. Partnership Guide for Schools or Youth Organization created by Community Boating Center (sample budget included)
2. Host a Reach Event – Sailing through STEM Night at your program!
4. Hear it from those who have implemented Reach through our blogs.
Where can you find Reach?
Implementing Reach and don’t see your program? Register your organization!